Sunday, March 4, 2012

Rock me

Today a story was told.

A story of love so deep and so wide.  A love beyond anything I can conceive or wrap my head around.  All-encompassing, everlasting, this love.  The love of a mother for a child.  The mother heart of God.

This love, so rich, so strong, so very present in each and every second, every single, solitary moment.  Never to be left alone, always wrapped in the all-encompassing comfort of His mother love.

He picks me up when I am sore, broken by life and circumstance: He knows, deeply, intimately, the grief I feel, the sorrow that pumps through my bloodstream...And He picks me up, He rocks me. Back and forth, back and forth.

I weep as I hear this story.  This story so gently told.

The story of my Saviour, my mother, my father God.

No comments:

Post a Comment