Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Growing Soul

How do you grow a soul???

A flower opening, petal by petal....or is it an onion....layers peeling away, one by one...

What is down there? In there? How do I get to it? Explore it, learn from it, change it?

Do the tears I weep water it?

Do the hurts I feel warp it or do the hurts provide the fuel to warm myself on a cold night?

Can I escape from the violence of emotion enfolding me, chasing me?

Or do I stop, turn full on, and embrace all that haunts me, taunts me.

How do you grow a soul?

Do you examine it? Get the microscope out? Or step back and look at "the big picture."?

Do you dance in the moment and laugh with glee???

How do you put the pieces of puzzle together? Bright sky here. Dark clouds, here. Riotous color of garden, here. Rain shower, here. Piercing warmth of the sun, here.

How do you grow a soul?

Breathe deep of life, face the agony, revel in joy...refuse, however tempting it may sometimes be, to invert, close up, shut down.

How do you grow a soul?

One step. Just one step. At a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment