Friday, July 2, 2010

Canada Day -Yesterday

Yesterday was Canada Day.

A day to celebrate our country, our freedom, the beauty that surrounds us.

1) I'm thankful to live in Canada, to be able to express myself, my thoughts, my feelings, my beliefs without fear of reprisal.

2) I'm thankful for friends to celebrate with, to enjoy great food, good conversation, and the warmth of laughter and connection.

3) I'm thankful for parties! The get togethers. The fun shared and multiplied. This may seem the same as number two, but maybe I'm just doubly thankful...

4) I enjoyed the fireworks, sitting in the park surrounded by my hubby, little girl, her little friend and our friends; watching the cascades of colors like waterfalls from the skies, the music reverberating as the colors explode around us.

5) Finally, I'm thankful for the rest that comes when I get home full of a day rich with flavours of every kind, climb into to bed, curl up and float away in my dreams.

1 comment: