Friday, July 2, 2010

Symbols for My Life

A few days ago Gretchen Rubin of the Happiness Project sent an e-mail to subscribers and asked about symbols. Apparently, Buddists have 9 symbols and Gretchen decided she would come up with her own. She asked us what symbols we would choose for our lives.

I was intrigued by this question and turned the thought over and over in mind. Here are the symbols I thought of for my life -

1) Books - they represent imagination, learning, pleasure and delight.

2) Teddy bears - for me, they are connotative of comfort, gentleness and affection.

3) Water - it is life-giving, renewing, energizing and refreshing.

4) Roots - home, steadfastness, nourishment, stability and security.

5) Triangle - deep connections with - God, my family, and my friends.

6) Pen - flow of creativity, an expression of life.

7) Trees - flexibility, withstand most of the time the winds of life, bend but usually do not break, strength as they grow.

8) Doors - opportunities, options, alternatives, can open up or close out.

9) The Book (Bible) - beliefs, an anchor, a test to measure life.

If you had to pick some symbols for your life what would they be???

1 comment:

  1. Judy,

    Great question! I'll have to give this one some thought. I enjoyed reading your list.

    I'll get back to you on this one!

    In two weeks, when I'm back home, I'll have some more Internet time! ;)

    ReplyDelete