Friday, December 9, 2011

Moments of Grace

Today was not a good day for me....some of the chronic health issues I deal with reared their ugly heads.  I was filled with quiet misery.

On days like today...I go grace-hunting...looking for those moments...I make my list.

Ann Voskamp, author of One Thousand Gifts,  says to "Live a life of intentional gratitude..." - and this is what I want to do, aim to do.

I am grateful that our daughter was able to go to school again...be brave again.

I am grateful for snow-globe morning, dusting the world a sparkling white.

I am grateful that I was able to get couple of errands done in spite of how I was feeling.

I am grateful for my friend who came here today, when it became clear that I would only be able to stay in for the rest of the day.

I am grateful that hubby picked up something for us to have for dinner tonight.

I am grateful for a phone call from another friend.

I am grateful that I am feeling a bit better tonight.

Moments of grace, found.


No comments:

Post a Comment