Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Answer

I'm awed by the way God answers my prayers, the cries from the bottom of my heart. Sometimes He answers specifically and clearly - a megaphone message to my hurting heart.

I open my e-mail this afternoon and what is in my e-mail but my daily dose of a blog I follow by Ann Voskamp.  Her blog today is about friendship...

 Here are some of the things she said that most struck me-

" Relationship is the currency of all reality  and our God is a love body and He hates amputations and He sutures our wounds together with the silver threads of community. (and) 


It doesn’t matter what you get done if you’ve undone a heart  – and there are no real accomplishments apart from relationships. (and)

Friendships never just happen — they are forged. And it’s either the fire of the forging or the searing of the severing. 

To read the complete post click here, http://www.aholyexperience.com/.

Friendships are fragile and they require tender loving care.  Like plants they need watering.  When the sun strikes and friendships wither under the blistering heat, we stand back and let the breath of understanding blow healing winds.

It is God's heart to restore that which is broken and mend the woundings of relationships.

I am thankful for the comfort of Ann's words today, for forgiveness and for hope.

I like the idea that Ann presents about the forging or severing friendships.  I think, as I ponder my friendships what I really desire is the forging even if it means the fire, restoration and not severing.

Friendships sometimes indeed brings hurt, it is painful and devastating. If and when we can work through the hurt we come to a deeper understanding of ourselves, our friends and of God's continuous mercy.

For indeed,

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.     
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.    
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
    for his name's sake." Psalm 23:1-3 ESV











No comments:

Post a Comment