Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Gift

Wrapped in brown paper,
dropped between
the screen door and
the front door.

A gift.

From a friend,
not expected.

More than
a gift,
this offering
is
a grace...
of pure warmth
of gentle kindness.

He who knew
my desolation
sent this
gift,
this day,
through this
precious
person.

This friend
who often
stands quietly in
the background,
gives this
wondrous offering.

It is more than
the gift itself,
It is the gift she
gives of herself.

Tears streak
my face
in this holy
moment.
Where love is
tenderly
given.

And my heart is
so full,
so very, very grateful.

Thank you,
thank you.
Thank you.


"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped.  Therefore my heart rejoices, and I praise Him with my song.  Ps. 28:7"


"Only God can put the pieces of our heart back together again, close up all the wounds, and bind them with a porous bandage that protects from infection, yet keeps the heart free to inhale and exhale love."  -from the book left in brown paper in between my doors...:)"A Quick Word with Beth Moore, Scriptures and Quotations from Breaking Free."


No comments:

Post a Comment