Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Joining in "Small Stones..."

I am joining with one of my beloved nieces (you can find her  writings here --http://benmarcastle.blogspot.com/2012/01/small-stones-week-of-jan-9-jan-15.html) in the journey of "noticing" also called mindfulness.

I have been doing a lot of reading about mindfulness and practicing meditation, so it will be two things for me: 1) just plain fun...:)  and 2) bring discipline to art of mindfulness in everyday living.

To learn more about "small stones" go to http://www.writingourwayhome.com/p/river-jan-12.html.

The challenge is to find one thing/experience each day and to write about it, one moment where you were fully present. Or to put it another way -  "Mindful writing is:
1. Notice something properly every day.
2. Write it down."

For me, today - Small stones- day 1.  Pain...

Piercing it
rakes deeply into
my ear, pain
rippling, searing.
I breathe in and
out again, try
not to fight it.
Warm compress
now soothes, till
I ride again, another
wave on
the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment