Monday, January 30, 2012

When Wishes Are Not Enough...

What do wishes bring?  Sometimes only frustration, heartache and disappointment.

Some moments, some dreams are not meant for wishes.

These things are the precious things, the things that are held treasured in our hearts. Only the deep murmur, only the passionate prayer of longing, only the unending supplication will do for these.  Face to the floor, the enduring yearning of the heart poured out, poured out.  Words cannot alone suffice.

Mercy, we cry out for mercy. For those we love.  For those who suffer long and with excruciating anguish.  Mercy, we cry out for mercy. For those who are caught in the iron trap they crafted with their own hands.  Mercy, we cry out for mercy. For those who are caught in the bog of despair and cannot find the sunlight anywhere.  Mercy, we cry out for mercy.

We say now -

"Hear my cry, O God; 
Give heed to my prayer. 
From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint; 
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.' Psalms 61: 1& 2 


I believe that wishes are not enough, and that God can indeed be trusted with secret places of our hearts.  I believe that He knows the when, where, how and if - even if the deepest cry of my heart is answered with a "no".  I believe that He knows my sorrowing and that He weeps with me. And I believe that He will not withhold from me "just because",  just as I as a parent know more than my child what may or may not be the answer, because I can see the big picture.  I believe He will not bend a person's will to His will because He respects the individuals that He created and will not treat us like puppets.  I believe that there are mysteries that I cannot figure out and that I can choose each day to trust His sovereignty and His character.

And, finally, I believe with all my heart that He hears every cry, every groan, every whisper, every longing of my heart.

I believe He hears me.

'I LOVE the Lord, because He has heard [and now hears] my voice and my supplications.' Psalms 116:1 Amplified


And still I cry out for mercy.


Every day, I cry out for His mercy.


                                     ********************************************



"Oh, I love the Lord
I sure do, surely do love the Lord
He heard, he heard my cry
And pitied every groan, yes he did
Every groan
Long as I live, long as I, I live
And troubles rise, troubles rise
I hasten to to to to to
I'll hasten, I'll hasten to his throne
I'll hasten to his throne hold on hold on
Tears are streaming down my eyes
[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/i-love-the-lord-lyrics-whitney-houston.html ]
I'll hasten, I'll hasten to his throne


Read more: WHITNEY HOUSTON - I LOVE THE LORD LYRICS http://www.metrolyrics.com/i-love-the-lord-lyrics-whitney-houston.html#ixzz1l09zxK4f 
Copied from MetroLyrics.com "

Whitney Houston sings this in the Christmas movie "The Preacher's Wife" and it is amazing!







No comments:

Post a Comment