Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Dear Child

I awake early this morning. Set my alarm to go off so that I can help, if possible to circumvent the onslaught of nausea that our daughter has been experiencing.

Quietly, I go in, wake her, give her the Gravol, tiptoe out, climb back into to bed and wait. A while later I hear her in the bathroom retching, groaning, crying. I hop out of bed run to her, gently help ride the wave overcoming her. I help her back to bed. "Don't leave me Mommy," she pleads. I crawl into with her, cocoon her in love. We doze, she wakes again, rides another wave. I hold onto her, together we crest the wave and settle back.

Another day, we will get through this, somehow. We will. In the meantime I tenderly hold, this sweet girl of mine and carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment