Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Story


Tonight, sonny boy came to take more of his belongings.

There was sadness in the air tangible and palpable.

I sit now in my sorrow, wrapped in no comfort at all.

The story I wished for has ended.

But let me be clear...there is another story, another ending.

Christmas celebrates beginning, Christ born new-born babe; tiny and vulnerable. The world opened ahead of Him. He worked, He laughed, He grieved. Everywhere He went He touched lives.

Then the story ended. The Crucifixion, agonizing and deadly. “Father, Father, why have you forsaken me?” This cry ripped from untold anguish, infinite suffering.

Hope died, was buried deep behind leaden rock.

Three black days passed, the earth was torn, darkness reigned - powerful and strong: but not strong enough.

Hope leapt from earth buried, Resurrection! Life lives again - pulses, vibrates, breathes eternal.

This is the Story that opens all other stories. All the other stories that have died violent death, all other stories, characters forsaken, all other stories where hope is obliterated – this Story brings resurrection.

This Story sings Hope. This Story, I grant you, mysterious, often incomprehensible, endings sometimes even indecipherable on this side of the eternal curtain. The Great Story-teller weaves my story - the story that will actually never end. The story that goes on and on. A good story has conflict, suspense, often tragedy, and the good story has a resolution. And Christ the Greatest Story-teller of all
tells my story. He whispers ~ `Be still and know that I am God.` `I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.`

So, although tonight my sorrow, my story, wraps me all complete in darkness, there is comfort after all.

There is the Resurrection.



No comments:

Post a Comment