Sunday, November 20, 2011

Soul Brave

I have been reading Ann Voskamp. Her book – One Thousand Gifts; her blog – A Holy Experience. I am awed, inspired, intimidated, even ashamed.


Her challenge to journal, be “soul brave” awakens me yet again, as had my nieces words a while back quoting Henri Nowen and his challenge to share our stories.


The worth of my story. This I had of late questioned. The tremendous excavation of soul and spirit I have been undergoing. This would, and does, and will, require bravery. To share words.


Honest words. Words, balloon-swollen with vulnerability, bursting with pain. Splashed even with joy. Words revealing - me...imperfect me, hurting me, insecure me, hidden me. Real me. Not the sometime put together person I show the world. But the person - struggling, striving, yearning.


The person – learning, growing, suffering. The person, weak, afraid, strong. The person – open, closed, wanting to give self – to world...


I would show my heart. The heart that longs to love and love well. The heart that wants to love God and my family, and beyond family, my fellow-man.


The roller coaster ups and the downs. The ins and the outs. The serene and the shattered.


l begin again. My story.


Nov 7,2011


No comments:

Post a Comment